Wednesday, 25 April 2018
There is no Match!
- Ivory Coast in 2013 reached 22 million inhabitants. Almost as Cameroon, with 21 million;
- The area of Ivory Coast is 322,000 km2. Less than Cameroon, which has 475,000 km²;
- In 1961, the Ivory Coast produced annually almost the same amount of cocoa that Cameroon. That is 81,000 tonnes against 75,000 t.
- In 2013, Ivory Coast produced 1.5 million tons, while Cameroon produced only 150,000 tons. Ten times less than the Ivory Coast while the agro-ecological conditions are the same in the two countries;
- 1.5 million tons, this grants 1,500 billion FCFA to the Ivory Coast. Almost half of the annual budget of Cameroon.
In your opinion, why is this?
Cocoa production in Cameroon